Thursday, June 28, 2012

Having attitude

My husband is a tall, 200 pound guy, covered in tattoos and he looks like a cross between an American Indian and a Viking.

The other day he drove, late at night, with his bicycle through a rough neighborhood in San Francisco and had to stop for a red light. He noticed a couple and an older lady talking animatedly, occasionally glancing over at him. He thought they probably were afraid of him, which is something that happens regularly, especially when he is on the road with our all black but incredibly sweet pitbull mix.

All of a sudden the older lady spoke up. “Excuse me, sir?” Obviously she was talking to my husband so he turned his head. “Yes?” he said. The lady went on “I’m going to a place a couple of blocks ahead and was wondering if you would accompany me, so I can get there safely, - please”? Joshua was in a hurry that day, as it was late and he tried to get to the BART station on time so he wouldn’t have to wait for another train 30 Minutes later. So he said” Look, lady, normally I would, but I’m in a rush today. But here is what you do, you hold up your head, and you march with an attitude, as if you know exactly where you are going, as if you had to go to the bathroom in a hurry, okay? You don’t look right or left, just march!”

The woman put a determined expression on her face, lifted her chin up and looked at my husband and said: “like this, is this good?” To which Joshua replied, “yes, exactly – you can do it, don’t let anyone give you any grief!”

No comments:

Post a Comment